Saturday, 5 March 2016

To Curve a Bullet



I have to confess that I love watching stylized action movies.
As a woman I am supposed to love rom coms and I do if there is enough humour in it, but it's the stylized action movies that gives me the adrenaline rush.
Perhaps being an over dramatic person myself, the exaggerated, over the top, over-dramatized, larger than life movies really appeal to me. And Hollywood does make them in dozens and every time it's better than before in terms of special effects, dialogue, storytelling and action.
Out of the bunch, one movie that I really liked watching time and again is Wanted (2008). The story is pretty straightforward - an underdog's self- discovery . But the movie does have some super cool dialogues and moments. And of course, bending bullet sequence from the movie really intrigued me and I spend some time on google trying to find out if bullets can really curve. So, here are some of the movie quotes that I liked. Please excuse the over use of f-word, the message does not sink in without it.
 Wesley: Six weeks ago I was ordinary and pathetic. Just like you. Who am I now? An account manager, an assassin, just another tool that was mind fucked into killing his father. I'm all of these, and I'm none of these. Who am I now? This is not me fulfilling my destiny. This is not me falling in my fathers footsteps. This is definitely not me saving the world.
Sloan: Insanity is wasting your life as a nothing when you have the blood of a killer flowing in your veins. Insanity is being shit on, beat down, coasting through life in a miserable existence when you have a caged lion locked inside and a key to release it.
 Barry: Who's the man?
Wesley: [smashes a computer keyboard on Barry's face with the keys spelling "FUCK YOU" with one of his teeth and walks off] I'm the man!
 Sloan: It a choice, Wesley, that each of us must face: to remain ordinary, pathetic, beat-down, coasting through a miserable existence, like sheep herded by fate - or you can take control of your own destiny and join us, releasing the caged wolf you have inside. Our purpose is to maintain stability in an unstable world - kill one, save a thousand. Within the fabric of this world, every life hangs by a thread. We are that thread - a fraternity of assassins with the weapons of fate. This is the decision that lies before you now: the sheep, or the wolf. The choice is yours.
 
Fox: I want you to curve the bullet.
Wesley: How am I supposed to do that?
Sloan: [walking in] It's not a question of how. It's a question of what. If no one told you that bullets flew straight, and I gave you a gun and told you to hit the target, what would you do? Let your instincts guide you.
 The Repairman: I'm the Repairman.
Wesley: What do you repair?
The Repairman: A lifetime of bad habits.
 And my favourite one -
Wesley: This is me taking control from Sloane, from the fraternity, from Janice from billing reports, from ergonomic keyboards, from cheating girlfriends and sack a shit best friends. This is me taking back control of my life. What the fuck have you done lately?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment